On Thursday, 8/3 Prep Seniors will head up to Sedona to take their class picture and enjoy the day at Slide Rock. The trip is free of charge, however, students do need to bring a sack lunch. I am so excited to beat the heat and head up north for a day of fun with the Seniors!
Math placement tests will take place for 7th – 9th grade students on Thursday, 8/3 at 2:45 pm in room 226. Sign up for the math placement tests is taking place in the 4 A Center.
Schedule change forms will be available for students in the 4 A Center on Thursday, 8/3 and they are due back to the 4 A Center on Friday, 8/4. Please keep in mind that not all change request can be fulfilled and we always look at graduation requirements/core class conflicts first.
Student Check-In takes place today 1pm – 5pm. Students will have the opportunity to drop off/fill out necessary forms, pick up their class schedule, pick up Online Academic Resource information, and get student parking permit information. Student Check-In will also be available on Friday, 7/28 from 7:30 am – 10am for those unable to make it today.
We also have our Faculty Meet and Greet taking place tonight 6pm – 8pm. Students and parents will have the opportunity to meet their students teachers and learn more about our campus!
Tomorrow, 7/24, is the start of North Pointe’s Welcome Week.
- 7/24- Fall Extracurricular Student/Parent Meeting, 6pm
- Prior to each season (fall, winter, spring) students and parents will be able to meet the athletic coaches and arts group leaders. Plan on attending this meeting if you’re considering playing a sport of being part of an arts group.
- 7/25- New Family Orientation, 6pm
- New students and parents will attend a required one-hour New Student Orientation class where they will be introduced to North Pointe’s unique culture, discuss North Pointe’s expectations, and review North Pointe’s Student Handbook. New students who do not attend this meeting will be required to watch a video of the meeting prior to attending class on their first day of school.
- 7/26- Kick and Slide Event for 7th Graders, 6pm
- 7th grade students enrolled at North Pointe for the 2017-2018 school year are invited to attend this event. The event is free and in addition to enjoying the fun, students will have the opportunity to interact with Seniors who are involved in North Pointe’s mentoring program.
- 7/27- Student Check-In, 1 pm – 5pm
- Students who do not attend Student Check-In will not be attending class at 8 am on their first day of school. Instead, they will meet at the office beginning at 9:30 am on their first day of school and turn in the forms, pick up class schedules and receive access codes.
- 7/27- Faculty Meet and Greet, 6 pm – 8 pm
- The campus will be open and students and parents will visit classrooms and meet teachers.
- 7/28 – Student Check-In, 7:30 am – 10:00 am
- See info above.
We have an action packed week ahead of us!
There is nothing like opening up a brand-new book! Last year I updated 7th grade Math, 8th grade Math, 7th grade American History, and 8th grade Government curriculum. This year I have updated 7th grade Life Science, 7th grade Earth Science, High School Spanish I and II, and High School Anatomy Physiology curriculum. My goal is to provide the best possible resources for our students and teachers and updating curriculum plays a key role in this process.